It is essential for the longevity and success of the career of a massage therapist to know how to use mind/body with optimal efficiency. This experimental, hands-on class provides knowledge about “true” body mechanics based on the work of FM Alexander-Alexander Technique, and D. Raymond Dart Ph.D., anatomy/anthropology.
Students will learn positive, conscious choices and methods on how to perform massage techniques with minimal impact on the body: Avoid pain, tension, and injury. Improve body use and endurance. Enhance the quality of touch. The class format allows the ability to integrate principles and methods used. This class has been taught for over 30 years and was on the curriculum of two leading massage schools.
- Successfully apply principles and techniques to therapists to reduce pain, injury, and burnout
- Experience, observe and correct unconscious habitual movement patterns
- Understand the use of body/mind
- Learn multilevel ergonomics
- Recognize the causes of client issues
- Gain tools to increase career longevity
- Know how to bend and lift
- Know how our innate movement system works for massage techniques
- Know how to conserve energy
- Know how to self-correct
- Prevent injuring the client
Monday & Tuesday, December 14 & 15, 2020
9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
10 CEU’s/ $250.00
(Register before December 7th and get $25.00 off!)
Instructor: Rochelle Reea, B.A., M.AmSAT
Class limited to 8 students
*The instructor will email each student 3 – 5 days prior to the class date with any supplies that the student may be required to bring in order to attend the class*
We ask that each student become familiar with our Cancelation & Refund Policies located under the More tab of our website.